By selecting “Options” you can customize your question in many ways.
- Add another standard
- Add DoK (Depth of Knowledge)
- Add media
- Add extra help
- Move question
- Change weight
Add another standard
You can assess multiple standards at once.
STEP 1: Select "Options", and then "Add another standard"
STEP 2: Select which Standard set you would like to add.
STEP 2: From the 2nd standard menu, select the standard you want to add. Then save your question.
Add DoK (Depth of Knowledge)
To help teachers continue creating rich learning environments for students, we have included Norman Webb's Depth of Knowledge Levels(DoK). The DoK Levels added to questions will be reflected in Reports. Teachers can easily track and show growth of students understanding in an individual assignment from start to end.
What do individual DoK Levels help you assess?
- Level 1: Recall - Focus here is on specific facts, information, details, and procedures e.g specific definitions, details, applies simple steps.
- Level 2: Skills and Concepts - Processing of conceptual knowledge, comparing and contrasting, extracting main points, interpreting facts etc. More content knowledge required here than Level 1. Actions require more than one step.
- Level 3: Strategic Thinking - Focus is on reasoning based on deep knowledge: which include understanding and rationalizing thoughts, manifesting them into achievable steps. E.g Drawing conclusions from Examples, citing evidence to support a logical argument, concept based explanations.
- Level 4: Extended Thinking - Focus is on applying complex reasoning, experimental design, and planning over an extended period of time. It requires extended investigation (research) and time to process information and problem solving. Students are required to make multiple connections, relate ideas to specific content area(s), and select an approach from among many as a solution.
To learn more about the DoK framework, you can refer to Brenda Matthews' presentation:
Brenda Mathew's DoK framework
Add Depth of Knowledge Levels:
STEP 1: Select “Options” then “Add DoK”
STEP 2: Select the DoK Level you want
View a student's proficiency by DoK Level in your Student Reports [Team Plan]
This will give you real-time metrics on how your students are engaging with texts and how they are performing by DoK Levels.
STEP 1: Select “Options” then “Add Media”
STEP 2: Paste URL and select "Save"
Add extra help
We understand providing instructional support for students as they are answering questions is beneficial. To help with that process we have added extra help in questions.
NOTE: Remember to select “Extra Help” in the Roster for students you want to give extra help.
STEP 1: Select “Options” then “Add extra help”
STEP 2: Write in the “Extra Help” box and select “Save”
STEP 1: Select the question you would like to move
STEP 2: Select "Options" then "Move"
STEP 3: Highlight the part of the text where you would like to move the question, and then select "move question here"
Allows you to allocate differentiated point values for short answer responses and multiple choice questions.
STEP 1: Select “Options” then “Change Weight”
STEP 2: Choose 1x, 2x, or 3x and “Save”
For our default gradebook settings each short answer response is worth 10 points. 1x=10 points, 2x=20points, 3x=30points.