For each assignment you give your students in Actively Learn, information about how they are doing is generated when you grade assignments, and students interact with the text.
Reviewing student work gives you a 360 degree understanding of your students' reading that can help you direct your focus to the areas and students that need the most support. The various data reports across Actively Learn at the Assignment, Class, and Student levels provide real-time metrics on how their students are engaging with texts, and how they are performing.
Assignment Data [Personal Plan]
For each assignment, you can see information about how your students are engaging with texts. To see this:
STEP 1: Select a class from the main menu, then select an assignment.
STEP 2: Inside the assignment, select the “Assignment Data” icon (i.e.the bar graph shown below).
STEP 3: For texts with multiple segments such as novels, you can view the data for the "current section" next to the student names.
The data includes:
- How much time students have spent reading the assignment (based off of their activity in the assignment.)
- How much of the assignment students have completed (based off of the number of questions they have answered.)
- How your class is doing on each question (based off of how you've graded responses so far.)
- Where & what your students are discussing in the text (based off of replies to shared notes.)
- Where your students are strugging with something in the passage (based off of "I don't understand" question marks.)
- What words your students are defining in the text (based off of students selecting a word and picking "define" when they read.) Imagine giving vocabulary quizzes based off of words your students have actually defined!