Check out the new features and improvements we've made based on teacher feedback.
- Folders have been added to Workspaces
- Added citation styles to student research section. APA and Chicago now available
- New Teaching Guides
- Archive and unarchive assignments
- Notes are included when printing out assignments
- Microsoft Office 365 login
- Students will have access to notes and questions in rental text with expired licenses
- In co-authored text the original creator of the assignment can remove invited co-authors
- State standards added for Texas, Virginia and Missouri
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) added
- Teachers can reply to student notes in research texts
- Added 2 more note categories for student research
- Notification of updates made to text added from School/District Libraries, and ability to download updated versions to workspace
- Ability to select multiple assignments when assigning to individuals Team Plan and Up
- Exporting grades for assignments Personal Plan and Up
- Customize set default note categories
- Added tab in teacher reports to view teacher feedback to students
- Teachers can respond to "I don't understand" flags in quizzes
- Teachers will not be charged for the months of June and July Personal Plan and Up
- Track the number of student retries in the activity report Personal Plan and Up
- Hide text sections Personal Plan and Up
- Schedule lock and unlock periods for assignments
- Timestamps on student revisions
- Create custom grading labels Personal Plan and Up
- Tie teachers to multiple buildings School/District Plan
- Knowledge sets added to the catalog. Articles in each set include annotations and questions to help guide and activate student thinking.
- Display only model answers for your students by making changes to your reading settings
- Questions can now be added at the beginning of the text
- Merge multiple texts into a single assignment Personal Plan and Up
- Penguin Random House titles to the Actively Learn catalog
- You can now export the activity report to review your class' progress Personal Plan and Up
- Multiple Choice quiz questions are now randomized to prevent cheating Personal Plan and Up
- Quiz settings: reveal multiple choice answers, enable reading aids, etc.
- Whiteout feature expanded to allow for whiteout of images
- Mobile-optimized experience: Actively Learn is now fully accessible on smartphones
- Turn off text-to-speech from reading settings
- Students can adjust the speed of text-to-speech, and change the voice of reader
- Add directions to quizzes
- New Grading options, including the addition of a 5th grading option
- Added the option to turn off the dictionary in reading settings
- Option to add 2 standards per question
- Switch a student from one class to another
- Easily move questions within the text
- New Google Classroom features: assignments now saved as drafts and grades can be synced with Classroom
- Students can now archive classes
- Actively Learn Chrome Extension for easy upload of internet articles
- Rental period for teachers and students now begins when the text is opened
- Note categories can now be edited
- Questions can be weighted in an assignment.
- You can filter on standards in the Catalog.
- Improved label management to add and remove labels separately.
- Note summary views now show note replies.
- Add question rigor to reporting by including DoK Levels.
- Replies to notes now visible in the 'Notes summary'.
- Research labels now included under the student report section.
- Clever students can now join classes that are not in Clever.
- All Text Settings now apply to Google Docs.
- Redirecting students now works for portions of the text students have not unlocked.
- Teachers and students can print quizzes Personal Plan and Up
- Students now have one-click citations for their research texts.
- Inclusion of a Professional Development Category.
- Teachers can now Customize reading settings for individual assignments.
- Extended student aids: Students can now use hear it, define, and translate in notes and questions.
- Student can print assignments.
- Sign in - Has checkbox for "Show" when typing password
- New additions to translate: Hebrew and Urdu now included for a total of 21 languages.
- Student Reports can now be filtered by your classes in addition to all classes.
- Shared assignments include all original labels.
- Grading includes old grade with each reset response.
- For texts with multiple segments such as novels, Assignment Data now includes section-specific data.
- Skip questions you don't want to grade.
- Locked student names - Student names are now locked at signup, and only teachers can edit them.
- Collapsable notes - Shows a note preview to allow more notes to be visible at once.
- Simplified text views - Including student view, authoring view, and grading views.
- Improved Notifications for students.
- Additional translation added: Hindi.
- More note taking options for students including media use.
- Extra Help in questions - Provide students who receive extra help additional support when answering questio
- New definitions from the Merriam Webster Learner's Dictionary.
- Students can bring in their answers, highlights, and notes from Actively Learn into Google Docs with our Add-in Team Plan and Up
- Students can collaborate with their peers while researching Team Plan and Up
- Students can add Google Docs to Research Team Plan and Up
- Teachers can now see what texts students are adding to Research Team Plan and Up
- Directly clarify passages with students when they say they "don't understand".
- Expanded Independent Reading Library.
- Teachers can now add articles to the Independent Reading Library School/District Plan
- New student reading setting to control students' ability to translate.
- Additional languages available for translation - Spanish, French, Japanese, German, Italian, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Russian, Latin, Vietnamese, Somali, Filipino, and Ukrainian.
- All get on the same "page" by redirecting students to a specific line.
- Collaboration across schools in a District - search for teachers by name School/District Plan
- Pin questions, to keep them at the bottom of your screen while you browse the text.
- Improved smartphone experience - now supporting pinch & zoom.
- Change Username from your profile - for those times emails change.
- Assign to individual students Team Plan and Up
- Student Research Report Tab - To see what texts students are importing Team Plan and Up
- Student Mode - now every teacher can read as a student!
- Text translation - currently only English/Spanish (more languages coming soon!)
- Improved iPad highlighting
- New Collaborate menu in the Workspace
- Updated grading look and feel
- Google Classroom improvements
- School & District Admin dashboard updates School/District Plan
- Pin labels in your Workspace to quickly access groups of texts.
- A simplified and modernized UI.
- Google Classroom integration.
- Teacher PRO plan - Now individual teachers can purchase our premium product! (Now Personal)
- You can now manage more than one text at a time! (Assign to class, share, delete, etc)
- Assignments can now have multiple labels to help with sorting & identification.
- Students can now request a question be reset for them to re-attempt their answer.
- New student portfolio to show growth over time through question responses Team Plan and Up
- Improved catalog with faster searching and easier filtering.
- Students can now see when they have unanswered questions in assignments.
- New help menu behind the "?" on every page.
- Differentiate instruction by giving selected students extra help notes Team Plan and Up
- Teachers can have an assignment locked after a due date.
- Teachers can whiteout text in an assignment which prevents students from seeing it.
- Teachers can bulk grade unanswered questions by question number, in addition to text section
- Teachers can add co-teachers to a class Team Plan and Up
- Teachers can print out assignments and student work Personal Plan and Up
- Students can import texts to the "My Research" section for independent annotation Team Plan and Up