We recognize that every classroom is different. To tailor how students experience assignments in Actively Learn, you can modify the reading settings for each class. Class reading settings will affect every assignment in that class.
Click here for instructions on adjusting reading settings for a single assignment.
Access reading settings
Select "Reading Settings" from the Class Settings menu
Overview of class reading settings
Class reading settings:
- See classmates' shared notes: Use this if you'd like to limit visibility of notes shared by students.
- Students see their classmate' responses after answering questions: If you choose to display responses, you can also select whether to show all answers or only model answers (those graded as Advanced and/or Proficient).
- See classmates' names with their responses: Use this to anonymize student names in responses.
- Allow students to "like" classmate responses
- Questions require response to continue reading: If you choose to require a response, this will gate students' reading, preventing them from moving forward until they've responded to a question.
- Minimize questions: This minimizes the questions and is great for activities like first reads. Students can click on the question icon to see the question.
- See correct multiple choice answer after responding: For multiple choice questions, students will immediately see whether they've answered correctly. Uncheck this box if you'd like to prevent students from seeing the correct multiple choice answer upon answering the question.
- Responses are locked until you allow revisions: Uncheck this box to allow students to revise responses submitted to Short Answer questions without a teacher reset
- Enable Notifications
- Enable language translations: Allow students to use the built-in translation tools
- Enable word lookups: Allow students to lookup words in our built-in dictionary
- Enable text to speech: Allow students to "Hear it"