Actively Learn can be used to support small groups and individual instruction. Assign to individuals is a great tool for teachers to provide differentiated instruction to their students.
Here is a helpful blog post on: How to Scaffold Text for Struggling Readers in Actively Learn
STEP 1: If you have not already done so, assign a text to a class.
STEP 2: Select the class and assignments tab
STEP 3: Click "Assign to individuals"
STEP 4: Select the text(s) you want to assign
STEP 5: Select "Individual students"
STEP 6: Select which students to assign the text. Then click "Save"
Assign to individual with Google Classroom
If your class is connected with Google classroom, there are a few more steps to be completed within Google classroom.
STEP 1: Click on the assignment draft
STEP 2: Select which students you are assigning text to
STEP 3: Click Assign
- Differentiated assignments - give groups of students the same text with different amounts of scaffolding & assessment
- Small group work - give students different texts
- If you uncheck a student from the list after the text has been assigned to individuals, student work will be lost.
- If students join the class after a text has been assigned to individuals, you'll need to go and assign the text to them.
- If students have already worked in an assignment, and you then assign it to individual students, you will only be able to grade questions of those you assigned the text individually to. In addition to whole class reading, Actively Learn can be used to support small group and individual instruction. Assign to individuals is a great tool for teachers to provide differentiated instruction to their students.